Friday, June 12, 2015

A. England Proserpine, Captive Goddess, and Sleeping Palace Swatches and Review

Hello lovely ladies (and lads?)!

I'm back! Yayy! I needed to take a temporary break for a very important personal reason that I will give more information on in coming weeks :). Don't worry, it's a happy one! Anyways, I missed blogging, so I'm very happy to be back to "work." Two year old permitting, I'm planning on getting quite a few posts up in the coming weeks. So stay tuned! Today I have three nail polishes from the UK-based indie nail polish company, A. England. This brand has been around for several years now and is well known for their highly pigmented and perfectly formulated polishes. Their collections are inspired by classic literature, stories, and legends from old England. How awesome is that? I've always been a big fan of studying European History so this makes me love the brand even more. I think they have a unique approach to finding inspiration in a niche where it's very hard to stand out.

I have two nail polishes from their recently released Rossetti's Goddess collection (Proserpine and Captive Goddess) and one polish from the Burne-Jones Dream collection (Sleeping Palace) from last summer. The Rossetti's Goddess collection is inspired by Rossetti's painting of the Roman Goddess, Proserpine (shown below). The Burne-Jones Dream collection, on the other hand, is inspired by the story of Briar Rose or Sleeping Beauty. Keep reading if you're interested in the beautiful polishes created for each.
A. England Rossetti's Goddess collection

First, I have Captive Goddess, a seriously gorgeous dusty blue/silver/green holographic shifting polish (makes sense, right? ;) ). It's described as "Complex holographic blend of cerulean blue, aquamarine green and muted purple veiled by a silver grey shadow." I tried to show you a few different angles of the shift on this one, but I'm not sure how successful I was. The first two photos show the more blue/green shift and the 3rd photo shows the more silver shift. This is GORGEOUS! I wasn't sure how much I would like this one, but it's actually my favorite of the two I purchased from this collection. I can't stop looking at it when I have it on. The formula is flawless. This is two coats with top coat. Fabulous drying time and wear time as well. 

A England Rossetti's Goddess
Blue/Greenish shift in natural sunlight
A England Rossetti's Goddess
Blue shift in natural sunlight
A England Rossetti's Goddess
Silver shift in natural sunlight
A England Rossetti's Goddess
Flash

Next is the second polish from the Rossetti's Goddess collection, Proserpine. A England describes this one as "Expressive blue teal holographic shade that suggests the turning of turbulent tides while mirroring the rays of light above." This one has a more subtle holo and shift than the Captive Goddess but is still truly beautiful. This polish also had the same great formula as the other one. 

A England Rossetti's Goddess
Natural Sunlight
A England Rossetti's Goddess
 Flash
A England Rossetti's Goddess
Shade

Last is Sleeping Palace, the single polish I have from the Burne-Jones Dream collection today. Here's the description from A. England's website: ""An unnatural twilight has fallen upon the land" - a plum/coppery base hue filled with vivid prismatic life, as though mocking the eternal slumber of the entire castle." How great is that description?! Because I think it's pretty freaking fantastic. Anyway... I, again, had absolutely no issues with this polish. It applied perfectly in two coats (well one actually, but I'm weird and always NEED to do two), dried quickly, and lasted a decent amount of time without any wear. This is totally my kind of shade: these purple/red leaning deep browns always do me in. LOVE!
A England Burne-Jones Dream
 Natural Sunlight
A England Burne-Jones Dream
 Flash
A England Burne-Jones Dream
Shade

So I think it's safe to say that I highly recommend this nail polish brand, especially if you're new to indies. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their nail polishes, but my favorite is Sleeping Palace. A England nail polish is available through several different online retailers including Llarowe (US), Femme Fatale (Australia), and Harlow and Co (Canada), Visit A England's Website for a complete list. They retail for around $10. If you'd like to stay up to date on their newest releases and sales, be sure to like their facebook page and/or follow A England's instagram account.

I'm going to have part two of Glam Polish's Knockout collection later this week, as well as my usual Lynnderella Friday post (which will have some serious stunners this week). I'm also working on a few new posts for the coming months, including comparisons and a special new "series" I'd like to start. So stay tuned! And don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest updates :) 

<3 Chrystal





No comments:

Post a Comment