Wednesday, April 22, 2015

KBShimmer Shattered Heart & U Rock My Heart Swatches and Review

Bonjour les filles (et les garcons)!
Today I have two nail polishes from the indie brand, KBShimmer. I love this company! Not just because they have an amazing array of polishes, in many different colors and finishes, but also because they have a fantastic price point. In the world of indie nail polish, it can be hard to find a polish that retails for less than $10, while still maintaining excellent quality and individuality, but KBShimmer certainly does just that. Onto the swatches!

First up is a glitter top coat called U Rock My Heart. It is described by KBShimmer as "Neon pink glitters in hex and star shapes almost glow, while black hearts, hexes, stars and shreds add an edgy look to this top coat.  Layer over almost any color for a fun look." I did one coat dabbed over China Glaze Boho Blues. I did need to do a little fishing for some of the bigger heart glitters but it was still pretty easy to get them. I was happy with the glitter coverage I got even without the heart glitters, but wanted to showcase them in my swatches. Overall this one had a good formula and I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a Heart Glitter topcoat. 
KB Shimmer U Rock My Heart
 Natural Sunlight
KB Shimmer U Rock My Heart Swatch
 Shade
KB Shimmer U Rock My Heart swatch
Flash


Next up is Shattered Heart. Similarly to U Rock My Heart, this one also has black heart glitters. But unlike the previous polish it is a Crelly, so it can be worn alone. Shattered Heart is described on the KBShimmer website as "a bright neon pink, this polish is filled with black bars, black hexes in two sizes, and black “shattered” shreds. Black hearts complete this sassy polish." This one took just two coats for the swatches below. It had a great formula with no streaking issues. Shattered Heart does dry matte like most neons so it needed a top coat to get the shine you see in the photos. I did need to hand place the larger glitters to get them evenly applied, but it was pretty easy to do and there were plenty of each glitter type in the bottle that coverage wasn't an issue. This one also had great wear time, 4 days, when most polishes usually chip the next day for me. I really loved this polish and highly recommend it :)
KB Shimmer Shattered Heart swatch
 Shade
KB Shimmer Shattered Heart swatch


KBShimmer is available through several outlets here in the US: their websitetheir etsy shop, and I believe they may also be available through Amazon now, but don't quote me on that. For the international folks, you can purchase these polishes from Harlow & Co. They retail for $8.75 to $9.75. 

So what do you think? Any KBShimmer polishes on your wishlist?

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me :) I hope everyone is having an excellent week so far and I hope to hear some comments from you!

<3 Chrystal

No comments:

Post a Comment